A sand filter for above ground pools can be a great addition to your pool setup. These filters are typically cheaper and much easier to maintain than other types of filters. They also require less maintenance overall , and this is why they are one of the most popular choices for pools nowadays. In this article, we’ll go over the characteristics and benefits of a sand filter for above ground pool to help you decide if it is the right choice for your pool.
A sand filter is one of the most popular types of filters used for above ground pools. They are easy to maintain and provide excellent filtration.
The sand in a sand filter acts as a natural filter, trapping dirt and debris. The water then flows through the sand, which removes the dirt and debris from the water.
Sand filters are available in a variety of sizes and styles, so you can find one that fits your above ground pool. They are also relatively inexpensive, making them a great option for those on a budget.
Top Sand Filter For Above Ground Pool
Intex 26651EG 3000 Gph Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump
- SAND FILTER PUMP: The 16-inch Intex Krystal Clear sand filter pump with Hydro Aeration Technology improves circulation and filtration, improves water clarity, and increased negative ions in the water. The pump runs on 110-120V and weighs 48.3 pounds.
- EASY-TO-USE: 6-function control makes maintenance easy, giving options to backwash, rinse, recirculate, drain, filter, and close the system. The easy to operate sand filter pump that will outperform your standard cartridge filters.
- FEATURES: Built-in 24-hour timer enables you to set automatic filtration times for the pool to save on daily maintenance, ergonomic handle, and pressure gauge. With a built-in ground fault circuit interpreter and strainer basket included on pump prolongs the life of the sand and is easy to clean.
- FLOW RATE: Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump generates a pump flow rate of 3,000 gallons per hour, ideal for above ground pools and the heavy-duty tank is durable with the pump enclosure for protection. The tank meets UL/CSA standards.
- PRODUCT INFO: The set includes SF80110-2 sand filter pump, 25-foot power cord with a built-in GFCI, 1 Hydro Aeration Technology inlet fitting, 2 1.5-inch connector hoses. Sand capacity: 120 pounds Number 20 Silica with a 0.75 HP motor. Dimensions are (L x W x H): 22.25 x 27.125 x 19.625 inches.
GAME SandPRO 50D Series
- POWERFUL ABOVE-GROUND POOL FILTRATION: The GAME SandPRO 50D Series is a quality replacement filtration system for any above-ground pool. (It works best with Intex and Bestway pools.)
- SIMPLE-TO-READ PRESSURE GAUGE: Our sand filter system has been designed with an easy-to-read pressure gauge and large-capacity easy-to-clean hair and debris strainer basket with see-through lid.
- ULTRA-QUIET POOL FILTRATION: The ultra-quiet SandPro pool filter system features a motor with a high flow rate and 1/2 horsepower (HP) pump, creating maximum energy efficiency and operating with maximum vacuum power.
- EASY TO OPERATE: Our cleaner for above-ground pools has been engineered for optimal cleaning efficiency and with an easy-to-operate 4-position rotary valve that will filter, backwash, rinse, and winterize.
- DESIGNED FOR UP TO 10,000-GALLON ABOVE-GROUND POOLS: The 0.5 HP Replacement Pool Sand Filter Unit is designed for above-ground pools holding up to 10,000 gallons and requires 50 pounds of medium-grade pool-filtering sand (not included).
Yescom 16″ Above Inground Swimming Pool Sand Filter
- Easy Operation - 1 Handle for easily choosing the proper function as you like, 6-way valve operation, conveniently using
- 8 Hydraulically balanced laterals, speed up flow velocity of filtered water
- Pressure Watch show the working pressure, advanced full flow technology ensures superior flow rates and maximum filtration
- Rugged, durable construction provides for long lasting using lifespan
- Suggested Installation: 0.35HP - 0.75HP pool pump(Not Included), above-ground or in-ground pools
Rx Clear Radiant Complete Sand Filter System
- ALL IN ONE POOL EQUIPMENT - The Rx Clear Radiant Complete Sand Filter System is a full system that includes the Rx Clear Extreme Niagara pool pump, tank, 3' high pressure hose, stainless steel clamps and backwash hose fittings to connect providing your pools flawless filtration needs, & 6’ power cord. THIS FILTER SYSTEM CANNOT BE SOLD IN/SHIPPED TO CALIFORNIA OR FLORIDA. Pool pumps, 1 HP or larger, that are sold in/shipped to California and Florida must be variable or 2 speed motors.
- CLEAN AND SAFE WATER - This filter is designed to handle the filtration needs of many of today's pools. It provides a high performance, easy-to-use operating system that filters your above ground pool water making it crystal clean and safe for swimming.
- EASY TO INSTALL - The core of these systems is the one-piece blow-molded tank that sits atop a universal base. Includes a top mount, with a 6-position multi-port valve and has a high capacity sand bed to catch more debris and extends filter cycles.
- ECONOMICAL CHOICE - The mighty force of this above ground pool pump makes it efficient and an economical choice. The interior consists of the standpipe and laterals. This filter tank comes with a 3-Year limited warranty against manufacturer’s defects. Filter media and hoses are sold separately.
- SEE THROUGH SCREEN - The Extreme Force Pump features a 2-piece strainer cover with clear view port and pool filter basket to catch all the pool debris to ensures free-flowing operations at all times. This pump is designed for maximum performance and economy in an above ground swimming pool pump.
Raypak Protege SF 18″ Top Mount Above Ground Pool Sand Filter Tank
- Raypak Protege sand filters cost up to 25% less than above-ground sand filters, but provide the same great features and benefits
- One-piece rotomolded filter tank
- Oversized filter valve handle and 1.5" ports
- Wide, sturdy base for a level surface
- Tank is unaffected by UV rays or temperature extremes due to the high-impact resistant polymers
Sand Filter For Above Ground Pool Benefits
One of the main benefits of using a sand filter for your above ground pool is that it is much more effective than other types of filters. This is because the sand is able to capture more dirt and debris than other materials, making it an ideal choice for those who want to keep their pool clean and free of dirt and debris.
Another benefit of using a sand filter is that they are much less likely to become clogged than other types of filters. This means that they are much easier to maintain, which can help you save time and hassle in the long run.
One final benefit of using a sand filter for your above ground pool is that it does not require as much maintenance as other types of filters. This means that you will not have to worry about spending as much time cleaning and maintaining your filter, allowing you more time to enjoy your pool with family and friends.
Now that you know some of the benefits of using a sand filter for your above ground pool, you may be wondering how to choose the right one for your needs. One of the main factors to consider is the size of your pool, as well as the amount of maintenance you are willing to put into it. If you have a large pool, you may want to invest in a bigger filter so that you can keep it clean and free of debris more easily. However, if you have a smaller pool, you may not need to spend as much money on a filter, making it a more cost-effective option for you.
Ultimately, if you are looking for a reliable and effective way to keep your above ground pool clean and debris free, then a sand filter may be the perfect option for you. With its many benefits and its low maintenance requirements, it is easy to see why so many people choose to use them. When you are ready to purchase a sand filter for your pool, be sure to shop around and compare the different options available so that you can find the one that is right for your needs and budget.
Sand Filter For Above Ground Pool Buying Guide
Looking for the perfect sand filter for your above ground pool? Whether you have a new pool or are looking to replace an old, worn-out filter, this sand filter buying guide will help you find the perfect fit.
There are a few things to consider when purchasing a sand filter for your pool. The first step is to determine what size filter you need for your above ground pool. Most filters come in different sizes, from small to large, so be sure to measure your pool and get the right size for an optimal fit.
The next thing you’ll want to consider is the type of sand you’ll need for your filter. There are two types of sand typically used in filters: silica sand and zeolite. Silica sand is the more common type of sand used in filters, as it’s more affordable and easier to find. Zeolite is a more effective type of sand, but it’s also more expensive. If you’re looking for the best possible filtration, zeolite is the way to go.
Next, you’ll need to decide how often you want to change the sand in your filter. Most filters will need to have the sand changed every few years, depending on how often the pool is used. More usage will mean more dirt and debris in the pool, which will require more frequent changes.
Next, decide what material you want your filter to be made out of. Sand filters can be made from a variety of materials, including plastic, metal, and even glass. Each material has its own set of pros and cons, so be sure to do your research before making a decision.
Finally, consider your budget. Sand filters can range in price from a few hundred dollars to over $1,000, so it’s important to set a budget and stick with it.
Once you’ve decided on the size, material, and price point of your new filter, it’s time to start shopping.
Now that you know all about the different types of sand filters and their pros and cons, you can make an informed decision about which one is the best for you. After all, the filter is an important part of any above-ground pool system, and you should choose one that will meet your needs.
We recommend that you go for a cartridge filter if possible, as they are very easy to maintain and will provide the best performance for your pool. However, if you can’t afford one or are restricted to a budget, then a sand filter is still an excellent choice and will work just as well.
If you do opt for a sand filter, make sure that you buy the right size and type of sand for the filter. This will ensure that the water is filtered properly and that your pool stays clean and healthy for you and your family.