Looking to get the best above ground pool on the market? You’ve come to the right place! In this guide, we’ll walk you through the different types of above ground pools, how to choose the best one for your needs and more. Let’s get started!
The first thing you need to know is that there are two different types of above ground pools: inflatable and rigid. Inflatable above ground pools are just what they sound like – inflatable, easy to transport and install, and easy on your budget as well. Rigid above ground pools are pre-made, sturdy and more expensive. Which one is right for you?
The best way to decide which type of above ground pool is right for you is to consider your needs and budget. If you need a pool that’s easy to install and transport, an inflatable pool is probably your best bet. If you have a larger budget and need a sturdier, longer-lasting pool, a rigid one may be a better option.
So now that you know the different types of pools and which one will work best for your needs, the next step is to consider your budget. Some inflatable pools start as low as $100, while the more durable, metal-framed rigid pools can cost upwards of $1000. It’s important to factor in the installation costs as well – most inflatable pools can be installed easily by one person, whereas rigid pools often require professional installation.
Finally, once you’ve decided on the type of pool and your budget, it’s time to start shopping around!
Top Above Ground Pools
Intex 26329EH 18ft x 52in Ultra XTR Frame Pool Set
- SUMMERTIME FUN: The Intex 18ft x 52in steel frame above ground pool set is engineered for strength and to help you beat the heat all summer long for ages 6 and up. Ready for water in only 60 minutes so you can spend those hot summer days relaxing with friends and family as fast as possible.
- DESIGN: Contemporary design adds beauty to any backyard thanks to a dark gray laminated pool liner, brilliant white copings, and blue tile print interior. Powder coated, rust-resistant frame offers fun for years to come.
- FEATURES: Includes Intex Krystal Clear Sand filter pump and HydroAeration technology to help keep your water sparkling clean with little maintenance. The capacity of the pool is 6,981 gallons.
- INCLUDES: This Intex bundle includes a 120V sand filter pump, pool ladder, ground cloth, and pool cover. Important to note that the sand filter pump only needs replacement every 5 years!
- SPECIFICATIONS: Water flow rate at pump (pump capacity): 2,100 gal/hr; Water flow rate at pool (system flow rate): 1,600 gal/hr; Material: Steel; Pool type: Above ground; Capacity: 6,981 gallons; Liner included: Yes; Filter pump included: Yes; Cover included: Yes; Ladder included: Yes; Color: Gray;
Coleman 18′ x 48” Power Steel Swim Vista Series II
Aquarian Phoenix 24 x 52 Foot Round Steel Constructed Frame Above Ground Family Sized Outdoor Swimming Pool
- ABOVE GROUND POOL: Relax after a long day in the soothing waters of this pool in the comfort of your own backyard
- 24-FOOT-DIAMETER: Round above-ground pool frame features a 24-foot diameter and is 52 inches high
- LINER AND SKIMMER NOT INCLUDED: Liner and skimmer sold separately
- BUILT FOR FAMILY FUN: Designed with active families in mind for lasting strength and beauty
- LONG-LASTING CONSTRUCTION: All components are made of steel for lasting durability
Intex 26167EH Easy Pool Set
- SUMMERTIME FUN: The Intex 15ft x 48in inflatable above ground pool set is engineered for strength and to help you beat the heat all summer long for ages 6 and up and fits 8 people.
- DURABLE BUILD: The pool is constructed with puncture-resistant 3-ply material.
- STAYS CLEAN: The pool comes with an Intex 1,000 GPH filter pump and type A or C Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter that is 100-120V to keep your water sparkling and clean. Equipped with the Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter that shuts off the pump if the current is exposed to water as an added safety feature.
- EASY-SET-UP: Inflatable design allows for easy setup and is ready for water in as little as 15 minutes, no tools needed. The drain plug accepts a garden hose to drain water away from the pool area as desired.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Pool type: Above ground; Pump voltage: 110-120 volt; Pump flow rate: 1,000 gallons per hour; Capacity: 8 people; Water capacity: 3,736 gallons; Ages: Recommended for ages 6 and up; Includes: Pool ladder, ground cloth, debris cover, and Krystal Clear filter pump; Color: Blue;
Intex 32ft X 16ft X 52in Ultra XTR Rectangular Pool Set with Sand Filter Pump
- RELAXING ABOVE GROUND SWIMMING POOL: Above ground outdoor swimming pool designed with a gray outer liner and blue tile-print inner liner for a classic, clean look. Water capacity at 90% is 14,364 gallons
- MINIMAL AMOUNT OF MAINTENANCE: Easy maintenance with sand that only needs routine backwashing and replacing every 5 years; Quick set up means it's ready for water in 90 minutes
- HYDRO AERATION TECHNOLOGY: Hydro aeration technology in the pump improves circulation, filtration, and water clarity while increasing the water's negative ions
- INCLUDES: Includes sand filter pump that has a pump flow rate of 2,650 gallons per hour. Also includes: pool, pool ladder, ground cloth, sand filter, and pool cover
- SPECIFICATIONS: Pump voltage: 110-120V; Pool type: Above ground; Material: Steel and PVC; Water capacity at 90% is 14,364 gallons; Liner included: Yes; Filter pump included: Yes; Cover included: Yes; Ladder included: Yes; Country of origin: Unknown; Color: Gray; Dimensions (L x W x D): 32 x 16 x 4.3 feet; Manufacturer warranty: 2-year warranty; Disclaimer: Please review your HOA rules and restrictions before purchasing this product. Not all housing agencies permit private above-ground pools
Above Ground Pools Benefits
There’s no denying that pools are a fun addition to any home. But what are the benefits of an above ground pool? Here are a few:
1. Above ground pools are easier to set up and more affordable than in-ground pools. This makes them a great option for just about any homeowner.
2. Because they are portable, you can install them anywhere on your property and move them if needed. This makes them perfect for small yards or for people who move frequently.
3. Above ground pools are also easier to maintain than in-ground pools. This means you’ll spend less time and money on upkeep.
4. They are also safer than in-ground pools, since there is no risk of walking into the pool area unawares.
5. Above ground pools are also great for people who want to swim but can’t afford a pool. For example, children or families on a budget can use them year-round and save money in the long run.
6. Affordability: perhaps the most obvious advantage of an above ground pool is that it is much more affordable than an inground pool. Not only is the initial cost lower, but above ground pools also require less maintenance and upkeep than inground pools.
7. Easy Installation: an above ground pool can be installed in a day or two, whereas inground pools inevitably take much longer to install. This means that you can be enjoying your new pool in no time!
8. Flexibility: above ground pools are also much more flexible than inground pools, as they can be easily moved or relocated to fit your needs. Whether you are looking for a pool that you can use seasonally or one that you can take with you if you move, an above ground pool is a great option.
9. Safety: for families with young children, an above ground pool can be a great option. While inground pools can pose a serious safety risk for curious children and pets, this is not typically a concern with above ground pools.
So, if you’re considering adding a pool to your property, why not go with an above ground model? You’ll love all the benefits it has to offer!
Above Ground Pools Buying Guide
Looking for an easy way to beat the heat and entertain guests during those long summer months? Look no further than an above ground pool! While not quite as luxurious or grandiose as in-ground pools, they can still be a fun way to take a dive and cool off. Below, we’ve put together a handy above ground pools buying guide with everything you need to know before making your purchase.
When it comes to above ground pools, there are many different types and styles to choose from. The first step in deciding which type is best for you is determining how much space you have for installation. The most common types of above ground pools are metal wall, soft sided, and steel frame. Each type offers something a little different in terms of durability, price, and features.
Metal wall pools are the most popular type of above ground pool on the market. They’re known for their durability and long lifespan, making them a great investment for your home. Metal wall pools are also the most affordable option, which makes them a popular choice for families on a budget. In addition, metal wall pools offer many different options when it comes to size and shape, so you can choose the one that perfectly fits your space.
If you’re looking for something a little more high-end, soft sided pools are another great option. These pools are made with a vinyl liner that’s supported by inflatable tubes. Soft sided pools are often more expensive than metal wall pools, but they offer many of the same benefits in terms of durability and lifespan. In addition, they’re much easier to install and can be set up in a matter of minutes.
Finally, steel frame pools are another type of above ground pool to consider. These pools feature steel framing that supports a vinyl liner. Steel frame pools are the most expensive type of pool on the market, but they offer the strongest construction and longest lifespan. In addition, steel frame pools are the easiest to install and can be set up in just a few hours.
When it comes to above ground pools, there are many different factors to consider before making your purchase. With so many different types and styles to choose from, it’s important to do your research and find the pool that’s right for you. With our above ground pools buying guide, you’ll be able to find the perfect pool for your home in no time. So, what are you waiting for? Start shopping today!
After doing all that research, we’ve come to the conclusion that the best above ground pool is the one that fits your needs and budget the best. There is no perfect pool for everyone, so make sure you pick the right one for you.
Now that you know a bit more about what makes a pool the best, it’s time to explore your options and figure out which one is right for you. And don’t forget, no matter what pool you choose, it’s important to take good care of it so that you and your whole family can enjoy it for years to come. So make sure to take advantage of all the maintenance tips, tricks, and instructions we’ve put together to ensure your pool is always in great shape.